Aircraft Maintenance – Technical Publications Writer
SSE is a leading technology company serving St. Louis, MO and Jacksonville, FL for over 30 years. We have been a leading provider of aviation courseware development, virtual training development, and training for military and commercial aircraft. We are seeking skilled Aircraft Maintenance Technicians to join our team in St. Louis, MO as Maintenance SMEs.
Maintenance SMEs will assist in the design, development, and revision of technical publications for advanced military aircraft. SMEs will follow formats and templates as required by a program and when required may develop appropriate document formats for specific publications. These are tremendous opportunities to transition from hands-on experience on the aircraft into an office environment while drawing from the intrinsic aircraft specific experience all while staying relevant in the aerospace industry.
MAINTENANCE SME RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the duties of technical publications writer on one or more military aircraft programs, to write, design, and document to specification guidelines
- Edit scripts, storyboards, and select and edit supporting graphic content
- Review and ensure quality, technical correctness and instructional soundness of draft and final documents
- Participate in all phases of project execution (Analysis, Design, Development)
- Aircraft maintenance experience, military preferred
- Ability to interpret technical documentation such as blueprints, schematics, technical publications
- Ability to work well within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work independently and ensure performance to deadlines and milestones
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively deliver a complex message, either written or verbal
- Knowledge of the following productivity software is desired: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- “This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.” US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card)
- 40 hour work week, flexible schedule
- 401k company match
- medical/vision/dental plans
- 12 paid holidays, 13 PTO days a year
Learn More About CMMC and NIST Compliance
Check out some of our technology and DOD cybersecurity articles.